move matters

move matters

Postby wiseone » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Why do protesters not move to the Leg’s lawn in Victoria.
Vancouver and Victoria numbers combined would make a major difference and that area is far more appropriate to protest the only truly gov’t institution that could make change that the 99% long for.
just pack up and go.
best of luck
Neb the wiseone
wiseone

Re: move matters

Postby ### » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:44 pm

wiseone wrote:1 Why do protesters not move to the Leg’s lawn in Victoria.
Vancouver and Victoria numbers combined would make a major difference and that area is far more 2 appropriate to protest the only truly 3 gov’t institution that could make change that the 99% long for.
4 just pack up and go.
best of luck
Neb the wiseone

1. # is everywhere. # anywhere you like. imho, Centenn is more # than the Leg because # is local/global and means cutting out the middle-man log-jams of government and executive: i.e. state and corporation. If you wanna be really #, bring your laptop down to the Square. # has no grievence with government. # doesn't fight but goes around; # offers a more attractive alternative to capitalist-statism.

2. "Appropriate"? #van is occupying the art gallery; it's the trend globally to occupy people's squares. Kiev, Cairo. The state is obsolete, so what's the point of going to it's ghost-town infrastructure buildings? The Leg is irrelevant, it's a museum of colonialism now. Like the Church, some rituals are held there, but the State has little significance anymore in people's day-to-day lives.

3. # is not expecting anything of any governement institution. The state is historical, and so are all it's offices. # is DIY. # goes around choke-points and not to them.

4. # will continue until atleast the end of 2012. There are about 2500 occupies happening world wide. NYC and London etc are all safe, #vic is secure despite hype (which is advertising); # is not ending but only starting.
###

Postby Mysticl » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:49 pm

That's a really nice pic :)
Mysticl

Postby RichardRocketClemens » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Hello. The use of the word "Occupy" to define this movement in my opinion is unfortunate and probably not well thought out. This land as we all probably know has been illegally "occupied" for a couple hundred years and is still unceeded territory I do believe. Wall st. was I believe built by the Dutch colonists on turtle island to keep others out of their illegally "occupied" colony. Wall street in New York has been occupied, colonized and globalized by European settlers and eventually by the entire world. Of course the history of this continent goes alot further back than this when First Nations peoples lived a very different kind of life here in what we now call North America. ie: Canada, United States of America. So now what? stay at Centenial Square, move to the legislature, what? Enough of occupy this, occupy that. Lets start liberating space, liberating people, land, parks, governments etc. The language is very unfortunate indeed.
The coolest poster I saw at Centennial Square was "we learned how to share in kindergarden." Share this space, share this wealth. . .
It is also unfortunate how the "Corporation of the City of Victoria" missed the point of this "Occupation" and how the mainstream media also missed the point! The planet is in trouble. The status quo is suicide. The system is dysfunctional.
This land that the Peoples Assembly of Victoria now "occupies" is unceeded Lekwungen Territory I do believe Songhees Nation. Douglas Treaty Act ? So should we de-colonize then? Trace our families roots and go home? what?
I do agree that the legislature would be a more fitting place to protest! David Johnston was illegally arrested during the "occupation" and maybe the court house or the jail would be another good place to protest or "occupy" until he is released. David is on hunger strike while in jail. There is another man on the island who is on a hunger strike to change another ridiculous law, the right to smoke and sell and grow marijuana. Good luck brothers! highshka' (thank-you and or respect in Coast Salish)
There are now 7 billion human beings who call this planet home. We should all go back to kindergarden maybe? lovesandrespectsxoxo Rocket. Say No to the Status Quo!
RichardRocketClemens

Postby RichardRocketClemens » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 pm

I would like to say that I do not like it when individual peoples speak for the PAOV as a whole. Please try to keep your opinions individual opinions. Please stop and think about what you are saying when you are speaking on others behalf, this is a process that is new and exciting but be sensitive when speaking on the groups or assemblies behalf, otherwise you might just end up scaring people off etc. . keep it simple! lovesandrespectsxoxo Rocket. highshka'
RichardRocketClemens

Return to PAOV Site Feedback