Keep it on the front page

What issues are you passionate about resolving? What are your proposed solutions? Engage with the community at large to evolve a plan of action.

Keep it on the front page

Postby Granny » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:24 pm

IMAGINE- if on several days each month a group marched in a busy well populated area of Victoria with banners headed with the same title i.e. Imagine, then underneath there own topic. Mine would be along the lines of "IMAGINE if the Provincial Government raised the income assistance rates immediately to a level that would raise BC to having the lowest # of children living in poverty instead of the highest....."
The following month could be RESOLUTION- i.e. make your resolution to contact the Premier to let her know your dissatisfaction with the # of homeless in Victoria .......etc, etc.
Another idea would be to organize a "gorilla tree" were a group of people would be ready at short notice, to paint a sign and respond immediately to a news item or information that has just become available such as when some Trough feeder has just been given a big bonus for doing nothing.
These are just some ideas that popped into my head. I believe that short, sharp and active is more effective than long term camping. Also don't forget to demonstrate outside high schools there are lots of future politicians lurking there.
Of course the media would have to co-operate and we all know who owns the media!!!
Granny

Re: Keep it on the front page

Postby Mysticl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:50 pm

I really like those idea and would be happy to join in when in town.
Mysticl

Return to 'Occupy' MOVEMENT DISCUSSION AREA