Robin Hood Tax

What issues are you passionate about resolving? What are your proposed solutions? Engage with the community at large to evolve a plan of action.

Robin Hood Tax

Postby sync » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi All,

at today's GA it was raised to discuss the Robin Hood Tax; here's my two cents.

http://21stcenturywire.com/2011/10/26/r ... list-trap/

and don't forget to read who's behind it:

http://robinhoodtax.org/whos-behind-it
sync

Re: Robin Hood Tax

Postby sync » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 pm

So no one is really interested in starting the debate: interesting!!!
So many on the square are screaming to start debating issues, but this particular one is left untouched.
I'm disappointed.

sync
sync

Postby Mysticl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:40 pm

The tone of the post you linked to is quite hostile. You might have better luck if you toned down the rhetoric a bit. I am not all that familiar with the Robin Hood Tax initiative but I take issue with some of your characterizations of left leaning figures and found them insulting and do not indicate a willingness to engage in meaningful dialogue. When you start with the premise that George Soros and Bono are boogeymen I think that kind of shuts down any possibility of discussion. Sorry not interested in a pie fight.
Mysticl

Postby sync » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Mysticl wrote:Sorry not interested in a pie fight.

Mysticl,

me neither, however thank you at least for reading the article, even if it appeared hostile to you.
And in the spirit of the movement, let's agree to disagree!

sync
sync

Postby RobertusMaximus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 am

HI Mystic

Not being interested in a pie fight means you're not interested in learning anything and limits your value as a leader. This is your choice, of course and noted.

There are three names for the same tax: Robin Hood tax, Tobin Tax and the FTT or Financial Transfer Tax. The one you don't want is the Robin Hood tax. It is usually 0.05% or 0.03%! Which is buttons to a bankster. It will take more money to administer this than do any good.
The Tobin Tax is a full 1%. Really simple. Look at one US Bank; Bank of America. 75,000,000,000,000 75 TRILLION. It is a mind numbing amount. Had they paid a Tobin Tax of 1% we would have 750,000,000,000
This would fund a few social programs.
Robin Hood tax No
TObin Tax or FTT yes at 1%
It is a class based attack at the Banksters themselves. It would let the left wing dirt bags like Soros know there is a new Sheriff in town. The People.
RobertusMaximus

Postby sync » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:46 am

RobertusMaximus wrote:It is a class based attack at the Banksters themselves. It would let the left wing dirt bags like Soros know there is a new Sheriff in town. The People.

I partially agree with the statement. The part I disagree with is summarized in my question: "and who is going to monitor, collect and distribute this newly gained tax?". If your answer is leaning towards anything that resembles an One World Government, then I am strongly apposed. But please, do share your thoughts.

sync
sync

Postby RobertusMaximus » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:57 am

Once you start collecting the FTT you're sitting on a pile of cash and you're now regulating, in part, a totally unregulated market. Regulating a market where bankers can play with your money when they fail is going to be their big concern with this moving forward. Know that. IT's not the actual money, they can just print more. It's us knowing about the shit they're up to, That's whats going to get them to tell the Politicians that this is not congruent with the 'Will of the People"

As for distributing the money, it's easy. Last thing you want to do is either give it to the bankers or government. So, give it to the agencies which are already doing things for the homeless and trying vainly to improve the social inequalites in our society. United Way, Salvation Army, Mustard Seed, St Vincent dePaul and other local charites.

How easy is that?
RobertusMaximus

Return to 'Occupy' MOVEMENT DISCUSSION AREA