We must not be removed

What issues are you passionate about resolving? What are your proposed solutions? Engage with the community at large to evolve a plan of action.

We must not be removed

Postby silverstone » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:38 pm

We stand in solidarity with all occupiers and protesters woldwide.

The occupy movement is a global awakening not a war. There is no reason for fear. We don’t come with violence or hate. We are here to show our solidarity with the people of the world. There is no reason to take away our rights and freedoms. We are not asking for anything unrealistic, or unattainable.

We are asking for respect of all life on earth and recognition of the right for life to exist.

We understand this is not a clean protest but is far cleaner than war and poverty.
We understand this is not entirely safe, but how safe is war or poverty?
We have the right to show solidarity with all the people in the world involved in this movement. It is the responsibility of the government of Canada to allow the people to maintain a representation of this movement in each of our cities.

This government sent troops into a country that never attacked or threatened this nation. This was done in solidarity with the USA. If we can go to war in solidarity then does it not make sense that we should be allowed to protest in solidarity? This government has spent billions on the war in Afghanistan and we are asking for nothing but access to our rights and freedoms. Is the mayor of this city so afraid of a few peaceful protesters that he would be willing to ignore the human rights of the people? Are we that scary to you Mr. Mayor? It would be a slap in the face to the American people and what they have been through in recent years. They are our brothers and sisters. They are the largest trading partner our country has. What an incredible insult that would be.

It is hard to imagine the logic in the idea that one can volunteer for any cause and be considered a hero, except for poverty. Yet poverty causes more destruction to our world than all other problems combined. And the absolute worst part is it is absolutely preventable.

This is not about our right to protest in any case it is truly about our duty.

show your support take a minute to comment
silverstone

Re: We must not be removed

Postby ovic » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:46 pm

We are not leaving. Get up, stand up, dont give up the fight!

http://occupyvictoria.ca

Time: Monday, November 7 · 12:00pm – 3:00pm
More: This morning the powers that be asked us to pack up and go home, to give up our right to live democracy. WE WILL NOT. Join us tomorrow at noon.

Join us: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=260345794015957
ovic
Site Admin

Postby p1et » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Can you tell me, silverstone, which of your rights and freedoms you do not have access to?
Since you are not to be removed, can you educate me as to what benchmark or measure you'll be using to determine that your protest and occupation are successful? What is it that needs to be accomplished to call it a victory and break down the encampment?
p1et

Postby ### » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:39 pm

p1et wrote:Can you tell me, which of your rights and freedoms you do not have access to?

I like these questions.

Rights is a touchy word. Rights and freedoms have a lot of history and contextual baggage...

I want to use the 'Net to organize new social-molecules. I want to see more eye contact. I want to feel and observe less anxiety, depression, and anger. I want to know my neighbors. I want to be able to find a way to contribute, and I am wanting some recognition, and understanding. I want to feel at ease interacting with people. I want to see my brothers and sisters appearing well fed, rested, and fit, active in doing things that are alive in them, and having some real time to take a break from business too.

Since you are not to be removed, can you educate me as to what benchmark or measure you'll be using to determine that your protest and occupation are successful?

For some folk, occupy ended yesterday when NYC's park occupation was busted up; and for some folks, # only started yesterday: yesterday # UC Berkeley commenced.

Here's some news from the CBC,

"In Montreal, authorities said they are in no hurry to take action against protesters who are camped out in front of the city's stock exchange tower for the past month.

Montreal police inspector Marc St-Cyr says the city's position has always been the same since the tents first went up on Oct. 15: tolerance and safety."

http://www.cbc.ca/m/rich/news/story/201 ... lgary.html
Victoria's own paov.ca,

"[The Injunction] does not imply that we can not/should not continue to re-use Centennial Square for hosting GA’s, rallies, or other time-limited events that do not comprise of permanent structures."
There is no question that # is successful and exactly going as intended. Only too on-track, some will say, (UN & Obama conspiracy theory). The outcome is intentionally vague because # is experimental, we don't actually yet know the exact mechanism of the post-fiscal economy, how online-democracy will work, the names of who actually lives next-door, etc; and we are now aware of the process for meeting our needs and are carrying that out now with rapid zeal and also studied care.
###

Postby RobertusMaximus » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:06 pm

This is a dumbass idea. I posted this in reponse to a twit in a different section but it's applicable here. Whether or not your a twit depends on how you treat this information.

Just game it going forward. Think with your brains not your balls.

cops are coming by shortly. The City has the legal cover. Some dumb tenters fight back and discredit the movement. Next time people call for a protest everyone remembers the most negative and violent aspect of the previous protest, the fight at the end. Mom And Pop Middle class decide not to attend.

You leave before the cops come by. Either go to the Leg with the Occupy movement or disband entirely. City and cops are thwarted and have to react to you. No violence at all. The movement complies with the legal orders. THe City then gets new legal cover to evict you off the Leg Lawn. At what point in time does this look like persecution for you exercising your constitutional rights?

Now you tell me how stupid an idead this is when the cops are stepping on your testes.
RobertusMaximus

Return to 'Occupy' MOVEMENT DISCUSSION AREA