Moving Forward

What issues are you passionate about resolving? What are your proposed solutions? Engage with the community at large to evolve a plan of action.

Re: Moving Forward

Postby xtofury » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 pm

I think you are right about people's voices being drowned out and dictated when people can and cannot speak by facilitation. I think distributed and "guerilla" style works, but these people think we are foolish enough to buy into a new system where they will have a group somewhere I can't get to or a voting computer managed by them determining weather I post or not is totally defeating the purpose of this movement and totally silencing the voices these leaders/facilitators claim to represent.

I have enough problems with the process at this level, once it gets turned into a process on a national level I'm going to feel utterly violated as these people make resolutions that influence MY LIFE and how I LIVE. I am here to represent myself, that is all.
xtofury

Re: Moving Forward

Postby Matt's » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:04 pm

RobertusMaximus wrote:Occupy all the farmers fields you want. I can promise you the system doesn't care. The more this process gets wrappped around the concept of tenting, the easier it is to co-opt, Like with the concensus Model, or control, with police and legal cover.

The idea is not to occupy a farmer's field. It's to have a meeting to decide what all people in BC who are interested in the "occupy movement" can do together. Maybe we can do your general strike idea because we had the meeting. Maybe we can do a referendum.
Matt's

Previous

Return to 'Occupy' MOVEMENT DISCUSSION AREA